OpenSolaris 2008.05, BrandZ and Zattoo

I've been using OpenSolaris 2008.05 for about a week, and despite some small bugs, I really fell in love.

Until now I did not have the time to play around with Nevada releases, but OpenSolaris 2008.05 could really be my future #1 desktop (beside my Sunray...).

Things that worked so far:
-Getting Windows inside Virtualbox (yeah there are some apps still left running only on windows..)
-CentOS in a Branded Linux Zone (experimental Linux 2.6 support)
-Skype in a Branded Linux Zone(without sound yet)
-Zattoo in a Branded Linux Zone (without sound yet)


What does not work yet:
-TUN for Cisco VPNs
-ACPI (there are some drivers...)
-Sun Secure Global Desktop Client (at least the automatic client download...)

What's left to say?

Thanks to the OpenSolaris Community for all efforts.

OpenSolaris Rocks!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLOG Latency

Heating up the Data Pipeline (Part 1)

Heating up the Data Pipeline (Part 2)